Monday Post ~ April 30, 2012
“Resistance is directly proportional to love. If you’re feeling massive Resistance, the good news is, it means there’s tremendous love there too. If you didn’t love the project that is terrifying you, you wouldn’t feel anything. The opposite of love isn’t hate; it’s indifference. The more Resistance you experience, the more important your unmanifested art/ project/ enterprise is to you — and the more gratification you will feel when you finally do it.”
This is the moment to deepen, or commit to, your regular creativity practice. Regularity — a daily practice, if at all possible — is key.
So what are your plans for creative practice this week? Given the specifics of your schedule, decide on a realistic intention, goal, or a milestone to reach for — and plan that time in your calendar. An intention as simple as “I will be creative for 10 minutes every day” or “I will gesso three canvases on Wednesday” is what it’s all about.
Share your intentions or goals as a comment to this post, and let us know how things went with your creative plans for last week, if you posted to last week’s Monday Post.
Went to Ithaca this weekend for my oldest son’s junior year guitar recital. The entire weekend was one of those seared-into-the-psyche, indelible events. I am so grateful, so proud, so connected to what matters.
Last week’s creative/well-being intentions:
* Morning centering practice w/journaling [yes]
* Complete installment of nonfiction project for “5PM Friday” accountability group [no]
* Prepare for Writers’ Workshop [yes]
* One blog post [yes]
* Yoga/walk/run x4 [x3]
* Plant seeds indoors; move garden beds; set up new composter [no — partly because seeds haven’t arrived yet]
This week’s creative/well-being intentions:
* Morning centering practice w/journaling [daily]
* Complete installment of nonfiction project for “5PM Friday” accountability group [Th/F]
* Prepare for Writers’ Workshop I and II [M/T/W]
* One blog post [T/W]
* Yoga/walk/run x3 [T/W/Fri]
* Plant seeds indoors; move garden beds; set up new composter