Bonita Rose: Holiday Tinsel Wreath DIY
What you need:
- an old wooden embroidery hoop, 12 inches (I used the 12 inch size, but you can use whatever you have on hand — bigger or smaller, up to you!)
- a package of vintage holiday tinsel (my tinsel was gold, silver and white, use whatever you can find!)
- white paper wire-stemmed roses
- glass glittered star
- silver ornament hook
How to make your wreath!
- sit comfortably.
- open up your embroidery hoop and slide one end of the holiday tinsel between the two wood hoops, then screw tight, with the tinsel end attached.
- loop around your tinsel through and over your hoop until the entire hoop is covered in tinsel. (as you are working, you can smoosh or spread out the tinsel as you see fit, to get the look you want!)
- when you are nearing the end of your tinsel strand, tuck in the last part of tinsel, and voila!
- place star on ornament hook and hang from top of wreath.
- use wire-stemmed white roses and wrap around wreath in bunches of three. No need for glue!
You can loop a white ribbon at the top of your wreath for hanging, or you can do as I did. I didn’t attach a ribbon.
My plans are to lean this beauty against a pretty white wall.
The part about this wreath that I LOVE is that you can remove the flowers so easily, just unwrap the wire stems. You can remove the hook and the star and change it up if you like. Nothing is permanent. I love that.
So so easy! I honestly love how easy this was and how sparkly and pretty this turned out!
So next time you are thrifting, be on the lookout for embroidery hoops and tinsel garland.
What do you think? Don’t you just love it?
Make a holiday tinsel wreath in no time at all!