This installment of the Open House brings self-assessment and emergency care; says goodbye to the old and anticipates the new; and throws in a dash of brotherly love. So grab your preferred cup of joe, or bob or serena (my name for herbal tea) and read about Jacqui, Alana, Suzanne,Tracy, Elizabeth, Johanna, Liz, Jen, and Brittany. Enjoy!
- Jacqui Robbins flirts with new ideas while working on her current project (I can relate to that!).
- Alana Kirk Gillham waves goodbye beautifully in tribute to her family’s home on the way to a new one.
- Suzanne Kamata considers what she loves about being a mother after being tagged. (Why do we so often wait until someone else notices us being a good mom to look at how well we are doing?)
- Elizabeth Beck had an ER visit, and gave an anatomy lesson.
- Johanna Rupp shares a meeting of herself through May Sarton and views of her garden (which is much farther along than mine is so far this year!)
- Liz Hum throws tarot cards to check in with herself.
- Jen Johnson discovers she should not Frisbee the toys across her living room when she already has frustration adrenaline pumping, with a serious consequence.
- Brittany Vandeputte watches her two young boys play and is justified in her decision to have them close together: no, she was not smoking crack after all.
2 Comments Post a comment
I took Suzanne’s challenge! It’s energizing to reflect on what’s special about being a mom. It makes the times when they are bickering more bearable. LOL
Here’s hoping everyone has a lovely weekend – it’s going to be in the low 80’s here in Hot-Lanta!
glad to hear it, dee! i recently reassessed how i’m doing a good job of it, too.