A selection of interesting tidbits from the personal blogs of Creative Construction community members:
- Kerry Bennett contemplated homeschooling a 15-year-old and moving to Maine.
- Jen Johnson closed up shop.
- Kathryn Virello expanded on dreams, wishes, hopes, and aspirations.
- Brittany Vandeputte dug deep on food, passion, and happiness.
- Liz Hum made some goals for 2009, and put them right in her calendar.
- Susanne Fritzsche took a personality quiz that proved her uniqueness.
- Elizabeth Beck took stock of 2008 and adopted a fun way to track her creativity in 2009.
Enjoy, and have a lovely weekend. Take a little time for yourself creatively, even if you can only steal ten minutes. You’ll be happier for it.
And while you’re being creative, can someone please help me test my latest theory? To those who recently (or not so recently) resolved to lose weight and/or get in shape: I suspect that the best diet includes personal creative time. I seem to have observed that having time to express myself creatively is the best appetite suppressant out there. Avoiding sugar and simple carbs is key for me, but lately I wonder if creativity is actually a better diet “pill” or strategy than anything else I’ve tried. Your thoughts?