Cathy: 24 ways to avoid your manuscript
Distractions after announcement of finding the creative groove:
- Joined Obama campaign as a volunteer.
- Sleep deprivation from Baby C, even though we started her on foods very successfully.
- Now, if she’d only poop a good one. It’s been days. Poopwatch.
- Wrote a letter of recommendation for a friend’s aspie son to get into a good private school, since he’s having such a hard time in public and homeschooling combo.
- Baby C’s wellness visit and wait in the lobby for popular Dr B. who really takes the tiiiiiime with aaaaaall his patients.
- Mom time hair appointment — 2.5 glorious hours talking the ear off my young stylist with no kids and flipping through vapid fashion magazines.
- Take S to Taekwando, sit there 2x per week to help redirect him to stay focused.
- Obama Rally, need I say more?
- Sleep deprivation from the Red Sox in the playoffs. Hate that 12th inning stretch.
- Take K to his own hair appointment, same stylist, poor thing. The stylist, I mean.
- Then take him to a birthday party movie sleepover while:
- He tells me about how he’s waiting to hear if he has a girlfriend. GIRLFRIEND?!
- And by the way, thanks mom, my new haircut makes me look sexy SEXY?!
- Mom. Mom, mom, mom,mom,mom,mom, mom.
- Take S out to decommissioned air and space craft park since he missed out on the rally.
- Got my period for the first time since July 2007. Ain’t pregnancy and nursing grand?
- Must bake cookies and eat even more sugar. And pasta. Lots of pasta.
- Walk the dog. Throwing that one in for good measure.
- Break up sibling fights.
- Laundry, always laundry
- Cooking. Or getting dh to cook, really I should just take care of it myself. But I’m nursing. See?
- Did I miss anything?
- Oh yeah, new tv season. Sucked in to the new episodes of Oprah, Ellen and what’s on tonight? Dancing with the Stars. Oh, I really hate myself now!
Now that’s out of the way, I hope I can write this week! Good luck to the rest of you in your creative endeavors!